background

Chia oat yogurt

This recipe came from my brother-in-law's brother. It's one of our very favorites! Thanks Andrew!
When I make this, I don't measure. (but I put measurements if you want to use them). Honey vanilla yogurt is our favorite to use, but other flavors will work--even plain if you add some honey to sweeten.

2 cups Greek yogurt, honey vanilla
3/4 cup old fashioned oats
1/4 cup chia seeds
1 cup frozen berries (our favorite is blueberries)

Mix all ingredients together and set in the refrigerator overnight. This is a great way to get fruit in the winter by using the frozen berries. However, in the summer, I will mix up a big batch of the yogurt, oat and chia mixture, then spoon fresh blueberries, strawberries, etc. over the top just before serving.

You can add other healthy additions, such as ground flax seed, but the above combination is the best. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I recognize that! Actually, yours looks a little fancier than mine does.

    ReplyDelete